Google is the first stop for most of your customers. And now more than ever, customers are looking for up-to-date information on your open hours and services.
Update your Google listing and join a free collaborative marketing campaign for eastern CT.
Let’s Go 860 – #LetsGo860
- A dedicated website featuring a Google map, sharing all the businesses who would like to be listed – letsgo860.com
- Let’s Go 860 is being promoted in local print, digital and radio advertising generously donated by The Day, Cumulus Media, Hall Radio, and Full Power Radio.
- #LetsGo860 will be promoted on social media by participating businesses and Chambers of Commerce
- Let’s Go 860 is a free campaign implemented by business leaders volunteering their time to support the region’s economy
: Update your Google listing by managing your business listing.
See the information below.
: Join the Let’s Go 860 map
– Here’s a tutorial on how to do it!
About Your Google Listing
In late March, Google overlaid a number of notifications on business profiles indicating “potentially closed, temporarily closed, check hours,” to avoid negative consumer experiences.
Some businesses (restaurants, retailers) may have to go back into their listings to manually change/correct these items.
This article from Google
advises updates to make during the pandemic (i.e., what to change during shelter-in-place regulations). Using this guide — in reverse order — will help you double-check consumer information to make sure that hours, photos, descriptions, and all links are current. If, for some reason you have not claimed your Google Business listing, there are links in this article that will provide a how-to guide, as well.
Once you’re done here, check your social media profiles, especially Facebook, to make sure that information is accurate as well.
Have questions? Touch base with your Chamber team.
is a collaborative of the Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut, Northeastern Connecticut Chamber of Commerce, Windham Region Chamber of Commerce, Greater Norwich Area Chamber of Commerce, Old Saybrook Chamber of Commerce, and Greater Mystic Chamber of Commerce. In kind sponsors: The Day , Eighty Six Media, Miranda Creative, Hall Communications, Full Power Radio, Cumulus Media, Critical Signs, Miranda Creative, plus many other volunteers and community advocates.