- Examines boat and effectively communicates the nature and extent of damage or malfunction with the service advisor
- Perform diagnostics and repair of all types of marine engines and transmissions/drives/generators/air conditioning systems.
- Perform mechanical repair work such as:
- Remove and repair engine, transom or outdrive
- Disassemble unit and inspect parts for wear
- Overhaul or replace carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, pumps, electrical and fuel systems
- Rebuild parts such as engine cylinder blocks
- Rewire ignition system, lights and instrument panel
- Install and repair accessories such as radios and marine electronics
- Operate a hydraulic jack or hoist as needed.
- Advise shop management and insurance adjusters as to necessary repairs.
- Complete repair work utilizing service scheduler and SSO’s within the established timeframe
- Ensure all warranty work is completed according to manufacture’s and MarineMax guidelines
- Safely operate MarineMax and customer vessels during diagnostic water testing operations
- Maintain MarineMax tools in good condition and according to guidelines
- Maintain and keep current with all certifications
- Other duties as assigned
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Internal/external customer satisfaction/FANS
- Timely and accurate completion of work
- Maintain 100% productivity.
- Maintain minimum number of comebacks