Program and Rentals Lead
Overview: If you have a passion for paddling, an interest in developing your skills, and most importantly a desire to share the sport with others, we would love to talk to you about joining our team! All Three Belles Outfitters staff are responsible for ensuring our clients and customers have an amazing experience. As a part of the team you will have an integral role in delivering quality programs. Your work time is spent leading a basic 3-hour kayaking/SUP Kids Paddle Club and supervising the rentals shed. You are responsible for keeping clients safe and for providing an enjoyable and memorable experience that meets or exceeds the participants’ expectations.
In this role, you will perform as a lead basic paddle instructor for our Kids Paddle Club, act as a working supervisor for Three Belles Outfitters Rentals and assist with any special events as needed. This position is responsible for the daily setup and breakdown of the rental kiosk, including cashing-in and cashing-out while greeting guests with a smile. This position requires tolerance of all outdoor weather conditions, stamina, patience, exceptional customer service skills and supervisory/organizational skills.
Previous experience kayaking/paddleboarding, instructing/speaking to groups, working at a summer camp/outdoor education and supervising staff preferred.
- Age 21 or older preferred, Minimum age 18
- Operate a safe rental and paddling experience
- Clearly stating safety protocols and fit requirements
- Maintain a fun and healthy environment
- Comfortably lift 75 pounds or more on a frequent basis
- Endure all outdoor weather conditions
- Provide very basic paddling (kayak and SUP) instruction and orientation
- Supervise a diverse rental and instructor staff
- Manage rental app, including credit and cash transactions
- Maintain and clean all equipment
- Work effectively with ages 8 through adult
- CPR/First-Aid Certification required (provided in-house if necessary)
- Lifeguard Certification highly desirable
Pay Rate and General Schedule: $17/hr 40 hours/week - with one weekend day required each week for the summer season (18-week max)
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume` to Bryan McFarland, Programs/Events/Rentals Director, 113 Oswegatchie Hills Road, Niantic, CT 06357 firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 860-691-3001 ext 2317.