Water's Edge Resort and Spa is currently accepting applications for a CT Licensed Massage Therapist in our busy spa. Massage Therapists perform professional massage and body treatments to our guests in a warm, welcoming environment. Therapists must have a thorough knowledge of numerous massage methods, possess a general understanding of body treatments and be willing to train in our spa’s specific massage and body treatment offerings.
- Be on time for your shift, perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service.
- Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Effectively inform and educate our guests about specific wellness concerns.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Perform prep work, properly clean and restock room as required.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
- Current and valid State of CT license for massage therapy
- 1+ years’ experience as a professional massage therapist
- Experience working in a spa environment preferred
- Reliable transportation required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Available to work weekend shifts and have the flexibility to work other shifts as needed