OVERVIEW: The Business Manager is responsible for performing the closing and financing function of the sales process on all new, pre-owned and brokerage transactions to facilitate a world class pleasure boating experience for all customers. The Business Manager will achieve targeted profit margins and product sales to drive high customer satisfaction and loyalty, while ensuring compliance with all company, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Be responsible for closing all new, pre-owned and brokerage transactions while ensuring compliance with all company, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Be responsible for gaining superior product knowledge to assist sales team members with all aspects of structuring a customer purchase, closing and delivery.
- Be responsible for determining customer financing needs and calculate loan payment options based on a consultative interview process.
- Be responsible for processing all customer credit applications to secure and present financing options.
- Be responsible for collecting all forms of customer payment in accordance with company policy.
- Be responsible for utilizing the menu selling system to present customers with financing and warranty options to achieve targeted sales goals.
- Be responsible for coordinating all customer sea trials and delivery orientations with Sales and Service Department.
- Be responsible for collecting all necessary trade-in vessel documents and ensuring trade-in evaluation process is completed thoroughly by products and the Service Department.
- Be responsible for assisting Accounting Department in all aspects of closing and posting new, pre-owned and brokerage sales.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all work orders are completed and forwarded to Service Department.
- Be responsible for preparing loan package for lender funding within 5 business days.
- Be responsible for building lender and other vendor relationships; ensuring proper lender mix.
- Be responsible for maintaining knowledge on all current lender, insurance and warranty programs.
- Be responsible for running lost sale reports to capture refinance and unsold warranty opportunities.
- Be responsible for projecting a professional and service-oriented image to all customers.
- Be responsible for actively participating in boat shows, selling events and other off-site promotions such as Getaways!