Service Advisor/Parts Consultant
OVERVIEW: The Service Advisor is responsible for providing support to the Service Manager, Service Team, and Customers. Responsibilities include working with the customer (either internal or external) to get the information required to perform the work on the boat, following through to make sure the work is completed correctly the first time in a timely manner.
The Parts Consultant is responsible for providing support to the Parts Manager and parts staff. Responsibilities include providing customer service and ensuring the smooth operation of the parts department through receiving, stocking and distributing equipment and parts to other departments.
- Assist Service Manager in day-to-day operations including scheduling and distribution of work for technicians and yard team, utilizing Service Scheduler and other tools as required to generate and manage work orders.
- Use manufacturer flat rate guides and Standard Service Operations (SSO’s) to determine the time allotted for the work, and follow up on timely completion.
- Ensure that the Complaint, Cause and Correction of each problem are noted in the IDS work order.
- Coordinate with the manufacturer and/or extended warranty companies to get approval in advance of repairs, if required, and take precautions necessary to guarantee our payment including but not limited to pictures of the work and returning parts replaced.
- Greet customers and determine needs, providing clear and precise instructions on the work order for the technician.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional manner, returning all customer calls prior to close of business each day.
- Promote the sale of additional labor services, parts and accessories in a professional manner for each customer.
- Obtain Customer signature on every work order, and collect payment for work prior to releasing customer boat. In the event the repair cost is unknown initially, obtain customer approval on work order to diagnose issues, and then contact customer with estimate for repairs as soon as determined, and obtain approval.
- Schedule, coordinate and follow-up on sublet contractors.
- Inspect quality of work performed as required, prior to delivery to the customer.
- Communicate with the customer during repairs and coordinate customer pick-up.
- Finalize and invoice work orders.
- Provide prompt, detailed and timely flow of all paperwork
- Serve the internal or external customer in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Perform stocking, issuing, receiving and inventory control functions including cycle counts.
- Sort and place materials and parts on racks, shelves, or in bins.
- Enter parts inventory information through use of IDS .
- Place price tags as appropriate on merchandise
- Complete order form and place orders with vendors and manufacturers as directed by Parts Manager.
- Read production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved or distributed.
- Maintain good working relationships with factory and vendors as they relate to product and quality control.
- Place orders for special order parts as required
- Inform technicians and customers of arrival of special order parts.
- Carefully check invoices against work orders.
- Keep parts catalogs up to date.
- Other duties as assigned